Creating a Spirit of Welcome
A Workshop on Integrating LGBTQ Issues in Catholic Schools
For Administrators, Staff & Faculty Leaders
With students returning to school, now is a prime moment
for exploring how to make Catholic education more LGBTQ-inclusive.
This workshop is designed to help participants develop LGBTQ initiatives that fit the unique character of your school community. The program includes presentations, discussions, real life examples, small group activities, and discernment of next steps. For information on workshop staff and suggested schedule, see below.
At the workshop participants will –
- Acquire understanding of church teaching on sexual ethics and social justice, theological debates, advances and trends in Catholic schools
- Formulate a plan of action for your school
- Develop a framework and language for discussing LGBTQ issues
- Learn how and why Catholics support LGBTQ people
- Discover website resources to help Catholic schools develop LGBTQ initiatives