New Ways Ministry sponsors retreats and conferences for gay priests, bishops, religious brothers, deacons, and their congregational leaders and formation/vocation ministers. Retreats have been held in New Mexico, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
RETREAT FOR 2019
Some Catholics have been blaming the sexual abuse of minors on the presence of a gay men in ministry. Many suggest a “purge” of gay clergy and religious.
Over the course of this retreat, we will be looking at a variety of questions pertinent to this moment in the Church:
– Is our ministry welcomed by our church?
– Can we feel welcomed by our church that regards a gay orientation as “intrinsically disordered.”
– Why am I afraid to tell you who I am?
– How does the outsider see the grace of God?
– What does it take to create a community of welcome? What are we ready to sacrifice for such a community?
The retreat is designed to assist gay priests, bishops, brothers and deacons, in developing better self-understanding, spirituality, friendships, and relationship with the institutional Church.
Retreat Facilitator: Fr. Peter Daly
Fr. Peter Daly is a retired priest of the Archdiocese of Washington. He was ordained in and received his STB degree from the Gregorian University and his STL from the Lateran University. His pastoral work included campus ministry, and 23 years as a parish pastor.
For more information and to register click here.