This psalm is a song of confidence and triumph. Yet, each verse also prompts new reflections about who God is and where God might be discerned. While the psalmist professes unyielding trust in God, the psalm is also delicately personal and paints God as approachable, caring, and radiant with beauty.
- Do the first words of the psalm help you to live with “no fear?” If so, how? If not, why not?
- What markers do you typically use to define if your life is going well or not?
- Where could you use God’s “light” in your life?
- How have you experienced God’s “salvation” and “stronghold”?
- When waiting for God, what sustains you?
- “For in the day of trouble you will keep me safe in your dwelling.” What are “safe spaces” for you?
- “…to gaze on your beauty…” What does your relationship with God look like?