New Ways Ministry, a national Catholic bridge-building ministry of justice, reconciliation, and education for LGBTQ people and the wider church
is seeking intelligent, motivated individuals who have excellent writing skills and a passion for Catholic LGBTQ equality.
New Ways Ministry, a national Catholic ministry of justice and education for LGBTQ Catholics and the wider church, maintains a daily blog on Catholic LGBTQ news, opinion, and spirituality (www.NewWaysMinistry.org/blog). We are seeking part-time blog contributors to develop posts, often based on other published journalistic sources. This position is a part-time, remote working opportunity, with flexible scheduling as long as deadlines are met. Bloggers commit to writing a minimum of one post per week, with opportunities for additional assignments possible. They can begin employment while attending school or working another job.
Required: Excellent writing and reading skills, with proven ability to produce on deadline and write in a factual, journalistic style; above average web research skills. Knowledge of both Catholic and LGBTQ issues and culture is preferred.
To Apply: Please send resume and sample of expository, persuasive/argumentative, or journalistic writing (500-800 words) to director@NewWaysMinistry.org.
for Blog Contributor
- Commitment to LGBTQ equality and the vision and values of New Ways Ministry
- Proficiency in communication (oral, written, interpersonal)
- Skills in computer technology (database, design/management of web site, electronic communications, social networking, interactive TV)
- Knowledge of social media and how it can be used for social change
- Understanding of, and interest in, Catholicism
- Attention to details (proofreading, deadlines, etc.) and critical thinking
- Ability to work cooperatively with management, staff, volunteers
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of information
- Ability to interact in professional ways with a variety of individuals.